Note that you may also download the GNU Privacy Guard from a mirror site close to you. See our list of mirrors. The table below provides links to the location of the files on the primary server only.
Source code releases
These are the canonical release forms of GnuPG. To use them you need to build the binary version from the provided source code. For Unix systems this is the standard way of installing software. For GNU/Linux distributions are commonly used (e.g. Debian, Fedora, RedHat, or Ubuntu) which may already come with a directly installable packages. However, these version may be older so that building from the source is often also a good choice. Some knowledge on how to compile and install software is required.
The table lists the different GnuPG packages, followed by required libraries, required tools, optional software, and legacy versions of GnuPG.
GnuPG distributions are signed. It is wise and more secure to check out for their integrity.
- Pinentry is a collection of passphrase entry dialogs which is required for almost all usages of GnuPG.
- GPGME is the standard library to access GnuPG functions from programming languages.
- GPA is a graphical frontend to GnuPG.
- GnuPG 2.0 is an older branch of GnuPG. This branch will reach end-of-life on 2017-12-31.
- GnuPG 1.4 is the old, single binary version which still support the unsafe PGP-2 keys. This branch has no dependencies on the above listed libraries or the Pinnetry. However, it lacks many features and will receive only important updates.
- Dirmngr is an optional tool for use with GnuPG 2.0. A modernized version is included in the current GnuPG (2.1) version.
In general we do not distribute binary releases but leave that to the common Linux distributions. However, for some operating systems we list pointers to readily installable releases. We cannot guarantee that the versions offered there are current. Note also that some of them apply security patches on top of the standard versions but keep the original version number.
|Windows||Gpg4win||Full featured Windows version of GnuPG|
|download sig||Simple installer for the current GnuPG|
|download sig||Simple installer for GnuPG 1.4|
|OS X||Mac GPG||Installer from the gpgtools project|
|GnuPG for OS X||Installer for GnuPG|
|Debian||Debian site||GnuPG is part of Debian|
|RPM||rpmfind||RPM packages for different OS|
|Android||Guardian project||Provides a GnuPG framework|
|VMS||antinode.info||A port of GnuPG 1.4 to OpenVMS|
|RISC OS||home page||A port of GnuPG to RISC OS|